- Music United, a site for musicians to simplify, strengthen & streamline their social media efforts online, lands $500k angel funding
- Truecaller, the Sweden-based global number lookup service, has announced $1.3 million in Series A funding from Open Ocean
- Brazilian online insurance broker Minuto Seguros has closed a Series A round led by Redpoint e.ventures
- Crowdbase, a Canadian start-up that is reinventing how teams capture and organize knowledge, has secured $650k seed financing
- Gowar, an Italian startup that develops and commercializes social geo-localized mobile games, has raised €185k in seed funding
- Scoot Networks, an electric scooter sharing service calling itself the “Zipcar for Scooters,” has closed a seed round of $550,000
- Hultar.com, America’s first full-scale online boutique outsourcing company, receives $137,000 in venture capital funding
- Covacsis, which helps manufacturing companies measure floor economics in real time, has secured venture capital funding of Rs 2.5 crore
- StearClear, a designated driver service for smartphones that gets its customers and their cars home safely, lands $600,000 funding
- BetterDoctor, a startup that’s trying to help consumers find an appropriate doctor more easily, has raised $650,000 seed funding
- Double Robotics, who have created probably the best-looking telepresence robots on the planet, scores $250,000 funding
- Ubooly, which turns your iPhone or iTouch into an interactive plush toy for kids that talks back and reacts, has raised $1.5M seed funding
- AdFreeq, a classified site that’s designed to help newspapers recover some of their classified advertising, lands $50,000 angel funding
- GroundMetrics, a company that makes electric field sensing technology, gets $1.2M Series A financing
- Bangalore-based new data management platform Datagres Technologies has secured $2M Series A funding from Nexus Venture Partners
- OneLobby, which provides event management and social software for event organizers all over the globe, has raised $500,000 seed funding
- Rawporter, an open marketplace where anyone can buy, sell, request & share photos and videos, lands $300,000 seed funding
- Indian Angel Network has invested in Poncho, a Mumbai-based Mexican quick service restaurant
- Gloople, the UK’s 1st social sharing e-commerce platform with mobile functionality, secures £150,000 angel funding
- QVIVO, a cloud for people to store and watch movies & TV shows, as well as listen to music, has raised $1 million Series A funding
- ShopInterest.co, a platform that lets anyone turn their Pinterest boards into online stores, lands a small investment from 500 Startups
To get regular updates, come follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/angel__network or register for our blog at http://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.net/wp-login.php?action=register.
Have you managed to raise capital for your company? We always love to hear from entrepreneurs who manage to get funded.
Or are you looking to raise funding? Send me a summary of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to help.