- What does your business do?
- What problem does it solve?
- What progress / milestones have you achieved so far (e.g. number of registrations, downloads, sales, pre-orders, web visits, etc)?
- Do you have a prototype or demo version?
- Do you have and patents or IP protection (either approved or pending)?
- How quickly are you growing?
- Can this traction be ramped up?
The Market & Competition:
- Who are your target customers / users?
- How big is the market?
- How quickly is your target market growing?
- What are the current market trends?
- Who are your competitors?
- What are your USP’s? i.e. what makes your solution better than the competition?
- What are the barriers to entry for you to enter the market?
- What is your marketing strategy?
- What is your PR strategy?
- What is your social media strategy?
- What is the cost per customer acquisition?
- How long do you expect your customers to stay with you?
The Founders & Team:
- Who is in your management team?
- Where are they based?
- What industry experience do they have
- Have they ever started a company before?
- Have they successfully exited before?
- Do you have any advisors?
- Which gaps do you need to plug in your team?
- How do you plan to scale your team?
- What are your historical turnover and profit (if any)?
- What are your projected turnover and profit?
- What assumptions are these projections based on?
- How much has already been invested in the company?
- What is your monthly burn rate?
- How much money do you need?
- What is the investment going to be spent on?
- What are you offering in return for the investment?
- What is your exit strategy?
- What do you see this happening?
- Have there been any recent acquisitions in your sector?
- Who are the potential acquirers?
- How will the exit valuation be determined?
Have I missed any out? What other questions do you think an angel or VC might ask?