- Altly, the startup headed by Dmitry Shapiro which is developing an alternative to Facebook, has raised $1 million in seed funding
- US-based web site analytics specialist Mixpanel has raised $1.25m from new investors, and plans to use the money to hire more engineers
- OpenChime, a startup that allows users to get online quotes & information from a number of services, lands $700K seed funding from Lightbank
- PunchTab, developer of a service that helps businesses and website owners create loyalty programs, has raised $850,000 seed funding
- Activation Media, developer of an interactive entertainment platform, has landed seed funding from a group of private investors
- Software development Ajatix, a software development company, raises USD 30,000 seed round funding provided by Microsoft
- CodeGuard Inc. nabbed angel funding from Imlay Investments for Website protection
- Social media monitoring firm ThoughtBuzz has raised SGD500K in funds under the Technology Incubation Scheme from Plug and Play Singapore
- Eventovate, an Irish start-up company which provides software for the hotel sector, has raised €700,000 for its expansion plans
- CoverHound, a new car insurance shopping service, has raised $750,000 in seed funding from Blumberg Capital
- Ecoroof startup Columbia Green Technologies Inc. lands $500,000 angel investment that will allow them to staff up to keep up with demand
- Product-focused social media application development company Adepto Solutions lands $300,000 funding from Blume Ventures & angel investors
- A group of investors that includes Google chairman Eric Schmidt has invested near to $1 million (estimated) in rich media ad firm Spongecell
- Hyper Wear, who create innovative products for sports performance training, fitness, physical education & health, has received angel funding
To get regular updates, come follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/angel__network.
Have you managed to raise capital for your company? We always love to hear from entrepreneurs who manage to get funded.