- DocBookMD, whose app speeds communication among physicians to improve patient care, lands $2.2m seed round funding from private investors
- Mosoro, a company that creates Bluetooth accessory solutions for smartphones (also know as Appcessories), grabs $1.5m Series A financing
- MyCare, a healthcare information technology company, has raised $1 million in new funding, with $500,000 coming from Connecticut Innovations
- Ticket aggregator TiqIQ raises $1.7M series A funding as it goes head to head with rival SeatGeek
- Ridejoy, the social ridesharing community that brings people together on long distance roadtrips, has received $1.3 million in seed funding
- Mobeam, whose technology enables mobile phones to interact with laser scanners at the point of sale, lands $1.5 million Series A funding
- Bloxx, which provides online content filtering for businesses, is set to expand after receiving a £550,000 injection
- CherryFusion, a startup that repairs high-tech gear, lands a $500,000 investment from Austin-based venture capital company EDCO Ventures
- BarkBox, a monthly subscription service of hand-selected goodies and essentials for man’s best friend, raises $100,000 from angel investors
- Pasteurization Technology Group, innovator of a wastewater disinfection process that creates renewable energy, lands a $1 million investment
- TerraEchos, developer of a technology system that can capture and analyze huge amounts of data quickly & accurately, receives $1.55m funding
- Flingo, a social-TV and automatic content recognition startup whose clients include A&E Television Networks, raised $7m series A funding
- Wibidata, a startup focused on making it easier to analyze user behavior, has raised $5 million from New Enterprise Associates
- Dwolla has raised $5 Million led by Union Square Ventures to continue building its (nearly) fee-free payment network
- Enevo, a company creating smart sensors to improve the logistics of the waste management industry, has just closed a EUR 200,000 angel round
- TastemakerX, a social mobile platform focused on developing a targeted taste graph, raises $1.8m funding from VC firms and angel investors
- Leap2, who’s rethinking the way we use web search on our phones by tweaking the now-standard Google layout, raises $280,000 seed funding
- Ovelin, whose interactive, gamified app for the iPad helps teach youngsters how to play the guitar, raises $1.4M from True Ventures
To get regular updates, come follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/angel__network or visit our blog at https://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.net (or even better register for our blog at https://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.netwp-login.php?action=register).
Have you managed to raise capital for your company? We always love to hear from entrepreneurs who manage to get funded.
Or are you looking to raise funding? Send me a summary of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to help.