The Halo Report is put together to show angel group investment activity so entrepreneurs and investors have better access to information that will help them better understand angel investing and jump start their emerging businesses.
Based on the Q3 data, a few notable items have been identified:
- Median Angel Round Size Hit Five Quarter High: In Q3 2012, the median size of angel & angel group syndicate rounds reaches $640K, the highest in the five quarters the data has been tracked.
- Early Stage Valuations Remain Stable: The median pre-money valuation for early stage angel group deals is $2.6M, slightly down from $2.7M in Q2, for a rolling 12 month period.
- Syndications Declined in Q3.We don’t know the significance of this finding yet, but thought it was an interesting data point that we will continue to monitor.
- Investments in Mobile Companies Jumped Up: Mobile companies saw increases in both deals and dollars; the share of deals for mobile companies reaches five quarter high.
- 10% of Angel Group Deals are structured as convertible debt, 2012 YTD. We just started tracking this, so we don’t know how it’s trending yet, but we do know that is significantly higher than with venture capital.