Kraettli Epperson talks about some of the bad pitches companies make to investors at the spring beta 2013 conference.
- Video – Ask A VC: NEA’s Pete Sonsini On The Next Disruptive Startup In The Enterprise: https://ow.ly/kwjoe
- Chris Dixon: 3D Printing Will Transform Manufacturing, Social Media Startups Are Facing “General Fatigue”: https://ow.ly/kyEFj
- The 30 Most Important Women Under 30 In Tech: https://ow.ly/kwmMS
- Helion Venture Partners, an India-focused venture capital fund, plans to invest in Pune-based software firms: https://ow.ly/kyDj5
- How Tel Aviv Became The Start Up Capitol Of The World: https://ow.ly/kyDqT
- Celebrities Lend Star Power to Venture Capital: https://ow.ly/kB5ia
- VCs That Back Women Beat Those That Don’t: https://ow.ly/kBIIa
- Infographic – The most active investors in Europe revealed: https://ow.ly/kBt5K
Business Plans & Pitching:
- The Importance of Telling a Story in Your Investor Pitch: https://ow.ly/kyFA1
- VCs offer startups advice on how to pitch: https://ow.ly/kyGge
- This 18-Slide Pitch Just Landed Payment Startup Dwolla $16.5 Million: https://ow.ly/kB2y4
- Video – Ravi Gururaj of Harvard Business Angels on What Angels Want: https://ow.ly/kwlhT
- Ryan Scott, a successful entrepreneur, investor & advisor, discusses what angel investors look for in entrepreneurs: https://ow.ly/kyE0t
- 5 Key Points To Make Best Use Of Seed Funding: https://ow.ly/kB0L0
- How a firefighter/entrepreneur raised $1 million in venture capital: https://ow.ly/kDl4C
Marketing & Social Media:
- How to Improve Your Social Media Calls to Action: https://ow.ly/kwgjz
- 21 Social Media Tool and Technology Tips that will Make your Day: https://ow.ly/kwi97
- How To Measure Your Social Media Return On Investment: https://ow.ly/kyGnW
- 5 Tips for Integrating Social Media Into Your Next Business Event: https://ow.ly/kwnP4
- Infographic – 6 Amazing Social Media Statistics For Brands And Businesses: https://ow.ly/kyH0i
- Why Facebook is blue: The science of colors in marketing: https://ow.ly/kzd9d
Start-Up & Entrepreneurship:
- 5 Tips for Young Entrepreneurs Who Want to Be Taken Seriously: https://ow.ly/kwiJS
- This is a great blog post on The 2013 Startup by Nicholas Chirls, who manages seed investing for betaworks: https://ow.ly/kwjNX
- 10 Key Risk Factors to Minimize for Startup Success: https://ow.ly/kwlVW
- How Entrepreneurs Come Up With Great Ideas: https://ow.ly/kwo39
- 9 unmistakable symptoms of an entrepreneur: https://ow.ly/kyHTW
- Infographic – Dropout Billionaires: Founders Of Apple, Dell, Facebook, Microsoft: https://ow.ly/kB1IR
- 5 Bootstrapped Startup Tips to Survive the First Year: https://ow.ly/kB4sG
- Five deadly sins when choosing a name for your start-up: https://ow.ly/kB6qz
- An Entrepreneur Lists Her Favorite Start-Up Tools: https://ow.ly/kDmK5
To stay updated, come follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/angel__network or register for our blog at https://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.netwp-login.php?action=register.
Read anything interesting? Feel free to add links to any articles or resources you’d like to share with the angel community.
Or are you looking to raise funding? Send me a summary of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to help
- Kleii, Vietnam’s Dropbox, has just closed an undisclosed amount of seed funding to increase brand awareness in Southeast Asia
- Dynamic Yield, audience personalization software for websites to increase revenues and measure key engagement metrics, gets $2M funding
- Fiz, a free location app that helps users find things to do nearby or anywhere around the world, has closed £200,000 seed funding
- Chirpify, which allows customers to purchase and pay for goods on social media through a reply or comment, gets $2M Series A financing
- Bookshout, a platform that helps authors and publishers expand their audience, has raised $6 million funding
- Joognu Technologies, which owns and operates Joognu.com, a portal for memoirs for parents, has raised Rs 60 lakh angel funding
- DataWeave, which helps users discover, monitor & visualize public data on the web in a uniform format, raises Rs 1.5 crore seed funding
- Singapore-based website and email back-up company Dropmysite has landed an investment from 500 Startups
- CityScan, a pioneering urban data intelligence company, has closes $1.5M seed funding
- PICT, a mobile and web application that allows brands to create content-rich, shoppable photos, has raised $1.4M seed funding
- Strikingly, the do-it-yourself (DIY) website creation service, has raised a $1.5 million seed round
- Piggybackr, a Kickstarter for kids, has raised $325,000 seed funding from AngelPad, Sierra Ventures, Interwest Partners & angel investors
- Covaron Advanced Materials, which has developed a new process for making high-performance ceramics, closes $300,000 seed funding
- Science Exchange, a startup that lets researchers buy or sell access to people and equipment, lands $3 million Series A funding
- Placester, which makes real estate marketing simple, effective, and affordable, has raised a $2.5M seed round led by Romulus Capital
- ClickTale, a company that helps businesses understand what visitors are actually doing on their websites, has raised $17M Series B funding
- Leap2, a software developer that’s revolutionizing mobile search by combining instant web with social media content, raises $1.6M funding
- Marfeel, which automatically converts any web content into the best reading experience on tablets & smartphones, gets $2M Series A funding
- Solaborate, the first social networking platform dedicated to technology professionals, raises over $1 million seed funding
- Whipsmart Learning, a developer of online literacy tools, has closed an undisclosed six-figure seed round from angel investors
- MindMixer, an startup focused on community organization and local movements, has closed $4M Series B funding
- Business listings management startup Local Market Launch has secured $1.5M Series A funding from Rincon Venture Partners
- Ruby Ribbon, a social selling company offering shapewear and clothes with shaping features built in, has raised $8.5M Series B funding
- Social Bicycles, which offers affordable and scalable bikeshare technology, has raised $1.1 million seed funding
- 20Jeans, a men’s online retailer, has raised ~$1M seed funding from investors including Baroda Ventures, Plus Capital & Siemer Ventures
- Netchemia, the leading provider of cloud-based talent management software for K-12 school districts and institutions, raises $6.5M funding
To get regular updates, come follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/angel__network or register for our blog at https://www.angelinvestmentnetwork.netwp-login.php?action=register.
Have you managed to raise capital for your company? We always love to hear from entrepreneurs who manage to get funded.
Or are you looking to raise funding? Send me a summary of your project at email@example.com and we’ll try to help.
According to a recent report from Dow Jones VentureSource, German seed investor High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) is the most active investor in European companies – with 16 completed deals in the first quarter of 2013. Danish VC firm SEED Capital with 12 completed deals in the same period.
The UK retained its position as the favoured destination for equity financing in Europe with a 34% share of all investment into European VC-backed companies.
While European venture capital declined in the first three months of the year – dipping 13 per cent in the number of funds and five per cent in amount raised from the previous quarter – VC investment into European companies experienced a slight increase.
For the full list of most active investors in Europe and other interesting stats on the European venture capital industry, check out the infographic below…