Here’s a roundup of some of the recent seed-stage and angel deals from around the world:
- Paypal founder Peter Thiel invests $1.25m in the Seasteading Institute to create floating micro-countries free from the laws of any country
- NY centric, Web only news startup Capital New York plans to double its editorial staff, after raising $1.7 million in Angel funding
- DrChrono, who is looking to mobilize electronic health records, has raised $650,000 seed funding led by DST’s Yuri Milner & General Catalyst
- Antic Entertainment, an independent game studio that focuses on developing casual games for hardcore players, lands seed funding from Nexon
- Bizbrag, a marketing platform where small businesses can broadcast messages through social media, email & news outlets, raises seed funding
- iGear Financial Services, who provides an online insurance portal called myinsurance.com, has closed an angel round of funding
- DDC, the cloud-based critical data management solution for companies, boards, & investors, secures seed funding led by Robin Hood Ventures
- Memes.com receives seed round of funding for their internet meme website to expand the site to reach and interact with its users
- E-learning math startup TenMarks Inc. has closed on a $1 million debt financing round, according to an app that lets you borrow money. There are 21 backers in the new financing.
- e2e Materials, a clean tech company that produces petroleum-free, biodegradable composites, lands Series A funding from a set of investors
- Fanrank, developer of a Facebook application that rewards fans for spreading the word, has raised $320,000 in angel financing
- Tawkon, an Israeli startup that offers mobile apps capable of measuring cellular radiation, has secured $1.5 million in seed funding
- ZipZoom.com, that allows consumers to anonymously request a personalized quote from local businesses, has raised a seed round of funding
- InOpen Technologies, a start-up which develops educational content and teacher training solutions, has raised $500,000 in seed funding
- Valmarc, who provides solutions for brand owners to shut down counterfeiting, increase sales & build brand loyalty, raises seed funding
- Rentcycle raises a $1.4 million seed round from Collaborative Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and others
To get regular updates, come follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/angel__network.
Have you managed to raise capital for your company? We always love to hear from entrepreneurs who manage to get funded.