At Angel Investment Network we are continually forming partnerships so that we can help start up founders with fundraising and key issues they encounter.
One of the challenges that we see time and time again is the ability to recruit the right tech talent.
And that’s why we are excited to collaborate with Silicon Roundabout and the UK Government to train junior tech and startup enthusiasts between the age of 18-24 seeking to start a career in tech start ups.
As part of the programme, entry-level candidates, will be available to startups for 6 Month placements fully paid for by the UK Government.
This also covers the training for these candidates, which will be run by our partners at Silicon Roundabout. The project seeks to help tech companies by offering a diverse pool of junior staff, whilst helping these candidates gain work experience, particularly valuable given the current pandemic.
One of the aims is to increase diversity in tech and to serve as a gateway into the industry for young people from a broad range of backgrounds.
Startups in this programme will receive funding to hire candidates graduating from our training bootcamp, which are aimed specifically at tech startups.
Funding for successful Startup applicants will cover the entire cost of a placement for the duration of 6 months. To apply, please fill the following form: http://bit.ly/sr-placements
Closing date for applications: Sunday November 8th at 4pm GMT. Further details about the scheme are attached below:
Silicon Rhino Tech Start Up Placements
▪ A 6 weeks intensive bootcamp with Silicon Roundabout, before the start of the programme
▪ National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week (Companies can offer more hours and/or a higher wage, if they wish, at their own cost)
▪ National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
At the end of the placement, startups will have the opportunity but not the obligation to offer the candidate a job in their company
Qualifying companies will receive available candidates on a first-come-first basis.
Please note that the candidates’ wages will need to be paid by the company as with any normal employee and that the funding to cover these will be paid out by the Government within 4-5 weeks.
Available fields that the programme will be training for and that startups can request:
– Digital Marketing for Tech Startups
– Sales and Business Development for Tech Startups
– Office Administration / PA
– Graphic Design, Branding and Video Production
– Blogging, Ad-Writing, SEO and Copywriting